M3 Lite + Passcard 3 HELP!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Gravity

M3 Lite + Passcard 3 HELP!

Post by Gravity »

I just got my M3 Lite nad Passcard 3 in the mail WOOT! So I followed the instructions, put the scummvm-a.nds file and "Sam & Max" folder on the sd card.

- Turn the Ds On
- Navigate to Games
- Start scummvm-a.nds file
- AND...

top screen shows a dos looking menu and bottom is just black.

This is my first time with home brew,

Any suggestions?

Thanks
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

Start scummvm-a.nds with the Start-button.
baka0815

Post by baka0815 »

What's the last line on the top screen?
Maybe ScummVM is trying to create the INI file and hangs?
Gravity

Post by Gravity »

so when I am in the Passcard menu I start scummvm-a.nds by using the start button and the next screen sayys:

"NDSSAVE" Restore Menu
Restore Game Save data of Game
Scummvm-a.nds
from save file
scummvm-a.dat

I just hit start to get past that screen,

I see a loading bar then the top screen is black.

last line says, "ZIP file check...Not in use!"
Bumpty

Post by Bumpty »

I'm havign the same troubles here. Same setup, M3 lite, passcard 3 and 1gig mini SD card.

In the GBA menu I can get the .gba file to load but it black screens but in the DS menu(extended) pressing on an item only seems to highlight it and I can't run it

Any hep appreciated.
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

You have to rename your file to .nds.
animall

Post by animall »

Same exact problem here.. M3 lite with passcard 3. Say it isn't so.
animall

Post by animall »

Anyone make any progress with this? Cannot find one thing confirming scummvm running on an m3 lite yet, so i'm assuming there's an incompatibility of some kind.
chris256

Post by chris256 »

Hello!

I'm also very interested by the answer, as I'm just about to by the m3 lite for playing scummmvm. There is still nothing new about the this compatibility problem?

Christophe
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Build your .ds.gba file using the zip file method, then run it on your M3 Lite the same as any other .ds.gba homebrew. I can't help you with using your M3 Lite, you'll have to read the instructions that came with the card or ask other M3 Lite users.
chris256

Post by chris256 »

Thanks agentq for your answer.

So you mean that the problem is just that people don't install scummvm properly? There is no compatibility problem between the m3 lite and scummvm?

Could someone confirm that he has installed scummvm on m3 lite and that talkie version of games work?

Thanks,
Christophe
animall

Post by animall »

Update - got it working with the zip method! Have only tried monkey island 2, so no news on talkie games. Make sure to follow the steps exactly as it shows on the scummvm ds site to avoid headaches.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Talkie games don't work with the zip method. For that, you're going to have to have one of the supported cards, and there's no way around that.

And yes, most people on here posting with problems just haven't installed it properly, most of them because they don't know how to use their card readers.
animall

Post by animall »

Actually got beneath a steel sky working (almost 80 megs) using the zip method. But it keeps crashing during the guard's dialogue, or when i approach the door :?
chris256

Post by chris256 »

Thanks everybody for the answer!

I read the informations on this page:
http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/
They say that the M3 is a supported card and that you can put as much data as you want on it (so the zip method is not required and talkie verison of the games should work).
But there is maybe a specific problem with the lite version of the m3?

If so, do you think that the m3 lite will be supported in a near future?

I'm asking this because I'm hesitating buying the m3 lite or the supercard lite. If the scummvm works with the m3 lite, I'd go for the M3 because it uses less battery than the supercard...

By the way, I think it's not really the good place for asking this, but do you think the ds-xtreme will support scummvm?

Christophe