Gamecube

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rodo

Post by rodo »

neost wrote: I'm using a Gamecube without modification, an SD Media Launcher from Datel ( Using an SD Card, and a CD) and the version of Scummvm called scummvmgc-p3 .

My problem: I can't save with any game (Full Throttle, Sam & Max, Monkey...) each time I have the following message "Failed to save on (noun of the game)" or something like that.
You need to get the scummvmgc-p3a.zip release which has the saving issue fixed.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

rodo wrote:You need to get the scummvmgc-p3a.zip release which has the saving issue fixed.
Rodolfo, so what about making this an official port?

Eugene
neost

Post by neost »

I just want to say thank you. i try this right now. thanks again :D [/quote]
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Mr_Nick666 wrote:Rodo has emailed me the latest version (saving bug fix) 8)

Ive hosted it at my site and the link is here :wink:
...which requires registration for download. :?:

Eugene
rodo

Post by rodo »

sev wrote: Rodolfo, so what about making this an official port?

Eugene
That would be great, I will prepare the port for this along with the features I am working on.

Rodolfo
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

rodo wrote:That would be great, I will prepare the port for this along with the features I am working on.

Rodolfo
Excellent. So, present it as a patch to our tracker. As a good example, I recommend to take a look at upcoming XBox port: #418822.

Eugene
AndreMASTER

Post by AndreMASTER »

I finally got to test this one with a working SD Card and it worked like a charm.

I've completed the German CD version of Simon the Sorcerer without any problems. Everything was perfect, only at one point the game didn't save properly. I consider you have to wait a few seconds after saving before turning the Cube off.

I'm playing Monkey Island 3 now and it works just fine. It lags sometimes for a few secs, for example when entering/leaving an area but that's negligible. Also sometimes the sound in the video sequences is a little bit out of sync but that's not a big problem either. In fact I was surprised that the videos worked at all :D

The only thing I wish is being able to adjust the screen position for people with older PAL TVs. The screen is shifted to the left, so you can't see everything on the left side of the screen, while having a big black bar at the right side of the screen.

Anyway, good work guys! Besides the shifted screen issue, ScummVM for the GameCube is nearly perfect :D
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

I know he was trying to work out the screen issue :D

Will the next release be the latest version of scummVM or would that be a MAJOR job? :o I wouldnt know where to start coding it :oops:
SilasX

Post by SilasX »

Yes, congratulations are in order, as rodo's port works great on my modded Wii (Wiikey+SD Gecko+1GB Sandisk SD). The lag is negligible, though I am experiencing about a 2-3 second lag on COMI (MI3) using compressed OGG sound. It usually doesn't affect gameplay itself, except during sound and timing based puzzles (banjo, anyone?)
AndreMASTER

Post by AndreMASTER »

SilasX wrote:(banjo, anyone?)
It lagged twice when I played it, resulting in losing the competition, but the third time it worked. Guess you need some luck here, but it's possible.
SilasX

Post by SilasX »

(Hoping this project is still alive!)

Out of curiosity, were you playing on normal difficulty or Mega Monkey?
AndreMASTER

Post by AndreMASTER »

Mega Monkey, I've already finished the game. Playing StS2 right now.
Epervier 666

Post by Epervier 666 »

Hi,

Any News for the DVD version ?

Thx :D (I know, it's very short for a message...)

Ploum
Epervier 666

Post by Epervier 666 »

I guess no......
Mr_Nick666

Post by Mr_Nick666 »

Its all gone a bit quiet hasnt it!? :?

Ive seen that a NeoGeo CD emulator has been released for the Gamecube/Wii that runs off an SD Card - its open source and I wonder if any code in there may help speed/lag issues? :shock: