problem with atlantis

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dsleaf67

problem with atlantis

Post by dsleaf67 »

Hi,

I've gotten to the hot air balloon, but when I 'use' it goes up then when it goes off screen I get a fatal exception.

I then thought I would load my save in the 0.90 version for windows to get past it but it shows but when it tries to load it simply says failed to load game state from file. Are they different between ports? Then palm version I'm using says 0.90?

Could either of these 2 issues be looked into?
dsleaf67

Re: problem with atlantis

Post by dsleaf67 »

dsleaf67 wrote:Hi,

I've gotten to the hot air balloon, but when I 'use' it goes up then when it goes off screen I get a fatal exception.

I then thought I would load my save in the 0.90 version for windows to get past it but it shows but when it tries to load it simply says failed to load game state from file. Are they different between ports? Then palm version I'm using says 0.90?

Could either of these 2 issues be looked into?
I figured out the fatal reset problem. Found it was working on my other Zodiac, so when I checked into it and it was a different version of of the engines. The new july30 frontend was fine, but the july30 engine caused the crashes. Copied the June6,06 engines into the folder instead and all is well again.

Will try but I would still like to know if it will be possible to have the saves compatible between PC and palm?
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Whatever you do, don't file a proper bug report about it (as outlined in the forum rules). :roll:
dsleaf67

Post by dsleaf67 »

joostp wrote:Whatever you do, don't file a proper bug report about it (as outlined in the forum rules). :roll:
Thanks for the not so welcoming post. I didn't realize it was really was a bug, I thought I had something wrong. It wasn't until I figured out my problem.

I think I'll follow your advise though (sarcasm or not) and not file a bug report since this doesn't seem to be an official release. It turns out it was the fault of the test version the author posted in another thread for testing and feed back. It not even listed on his own site. I will post there to let him know anyway.

I may file a bug/feature request for the second question about save states between ports, although, not sure if its bug for a feature thats supposed to work or a feature that was never implemented. Although, this would probably require both sides to be in sync.

Excuse me again as I thought bug tracker etc. here was for PC version as it seems palm OS one is still outdated etc (still version 0.71). In addition, the bugs listed all seem to be for the PC version. Compatibity list etc. all PC version. Unlike some ports though Chrilith seems to be keeping up with current source, most port old version then completely go off on there own.
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

dsleaf67 wrote:Thanks for the not so welcoming post. I didn't realize it was really was a bug, I thought I had something wrong. It wasn't until I figured out my problem.
I didn't want to be an asshole, but apparently people rarely read the forum rules or the README, which would make life easier for everyone involved.
If ScummVM crashes when you perform a certain action it's more than likely to be a bug, don't you think?
dsleaf67 wrote: I think I'll follow your advise though (sarcasm or not) and not file a bug report since this doesn't seem to be an official release. It turns out it was the fault of the test version the author posted in another thread for testing and feed back. It not even listed on his own site. I will post there to let him know anyway.
You don't seem to understand the purpose of test versions, they are posted precisely so users can test them and report bugs (so they can fixed in the next version).
If you don't report anything it won't get fixed. Simple.
dsleaf67 wrote: Excuse me again as I thought bug tracker etc. here was for PC version as it seems palm OS one is still outdated etc (still version 0.71). In addition, the bugs listed all seem to be for the PC version. Compatibity list etc. all PC version.
The bug tracker is for bugs in all supported ports and engines as long as they're pertaining to the latest stable ScummVM release and/or current SVN (which this test version was built from).
As for the Compatibility page, I don't see any mention of it being specific to the PC version.

This message I sent to scummvm-devel explains the cause of the problem, should you change your mind about filing a bug-report. Else you'll just have to hope Chrilith reads your report here.
dsleaf67

Post by dsleaf67 »

thanks