Graphical corruption (ScummVM DS 0.61 Max Media Dock)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MisterSentient

Graphical corruption (ScummVM DS 0.61 Max Media Dock)

Post by MisterSentient »

agentq: I have noticed a mysterious black line appearing on both screens while playing games with ScummVM DS. It always seems to appear in a different spot and only for a brief moment. It looks like the graphic data is getting corrupted somehow. Is this possibly an issue with the MMCF FAT code I am using in my version of ScummVM DS? Have you heard of this issue?

I am currently using the version of ScummVM 0.61 I created for the Max Media Dock.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

The black lines are nothing to do with the FAT code, but seem to be the result of a DMA transfer within a bitmap buffer without the source data being flushed from the CPU write cache. I put in code to flush the cache but it only reduced the problem, not eliminating it altogether.
MisterSentient

Post by MisterSentient »

agentq wrote:The black lines are nothing to do with the FAT code, but seem to be the result of a DMA transfer within a bitmap buffer without the source data being flushed from the CPU write cache. I put in code to flush the cache but it only reduced the problem, not eliminating it altogether.
Okay. I was just worried that there might be something wrong with my MMD version.

Are you the only one working on ScummVM DS at the moment?