The Dig @ S80

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Jameson

The Dig @ S80

Post by Jameson »

Hello, today I've found this great port of ScummVM for my N9500. I was fascinated, so first at all I installed the Indy 4 ("talkie") version. Everything went flawlessly. The second try was "The Dig". The game was added without problem, demo runs smoothly, but when the game should start, it crashed in FSCLIENT category with Error code -8. Stderr and stdout files were empty. It seems like some problem with filesystem (just a though). The Dig - Demo version (can be download from here: http://www.gamershell.com/download_4749.shtml) won't work, too (it's the same as with the full version - intro is allright, but the game crash). Is there any solution, or, just, forget to play this game? Thanks a lot in advance!
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well! I have n't had the chance to test The Dig thorughly yet. So I could think its a no go, and not sure about the memory requirements for it either.
BoyC

Post by BoyC »

Same here on my p910, I did manage to start the game however.
If you don't put the video files on the device, the intro is skipped and you can actually start playing the game, so I guess the bug is in the deinit code part of the video player (because the video plays just fine until it ends/it is skipped - if you don't mind the sync problem ;).
But there's another issue not too far in the game: once you blow the nukes, the astornauts appear at the top of the cavern which opened, and at this point i get an other error message - which doesn't crash scummvm (I couldn't read it because it was mostly covered by the game's gfx). At this point the sound dies, and after i click on the error message window the character who was supposed to be talking talks endlessly - until i skip the animation. Then they start to descend into the cavern and once they arrived at the bottom the whole phone hangs, doesn't respond to anything anymore.
I hope this helps in localising the issues
penguin

Post by penguin »

This happens as well with Full Throttle (ScummVM 0.8.2, Nokia 9500).

Program Main, category FSCLIENT, error code -8. The intro is viewable (with voice and everything) but after the intro (or by pressing escape or by loading a game saved on pc further inside the game) the game crashes.

The game works fine under Windows with 0.8.2 as well.
penguin

Post by penguin »

It helped removing/renaming the VIDEO folder, but at the first battle (where you would have to punch another biker when driving) the game crashes when the first punch is thrown - now woth SDL_4, KERN-EXEC, error code 0.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

I have tested FT and the dig demo on my P910! The biggest problems running those games are the resources required to run them, something most mobiles today are lacking and Ft is a total nono,As for the dig i managed to start it but you might have to try several times to do so!And Iam sorry to say that Symbain OS does not make it easier!