Zire 72

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

lustosa

Zire 72

Post by lustosa »

Hello, folks.
I've been spending lots of time trying to get this program working on my Zire 72. It would be really nice to be able to play all those wonderful games of the past.
I did manage to get it up and running once, and never again. I don't remember which version I had it running however.
All versions now just open the pretty skinned frontend. If I press start without anything selected, it asks me for an engine. When I select Scumm Games, it says "Importing databases", and then I get a Fatal Exception. I see lots of people here gets the same behaviour.
When I had it running The Dig, it would play the introductory video, and then as soon as it reached the spaceship (i.e. when the initial video ended and the game really begins), then it would always crash with a Fatal Exception.
I have lots of free RAM (about 19mb), and it crashes with or without UDMH. Doesn't seem to be a memory issue.
Has anyone here got any scumm game working on Zire 72? If so, which version?

Thanks
fifthmark

Post by fifthmark »

I don't know what to tell you, man. I broke my Zire 72 out of a year and a half in storage, installed the latest Test build, and it's worked fine for the most part. I get a memory error about 15 seconds into the intro to Full Throttle. Loom and Secret of Monkey Island work fine, in fact, I just beat Secret of Monkey Island this morning. Guessing I need to work on some key mapping before I can get past the copy protection screen on Monkey Island 2 and to be able to right click on Beneath a Steel Sky. Those are all the games I've played so far and the experiences I've had with them. The Full Throttle error is what's been most frustrating to me, as it's been one of my favorite games and I just went out and got a 1 gb card to hold it. Anyways, later...