Nokia 6630 - No adlib sound volume in Monkey Island

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ujigeng

Nokia 6630 - No adlib sound volume in Monkey Island

Post by ujigeng »

Hello,

First of all thank you all for the S60 port. I have been really looking forward to it.

The thing is:

I tried Monkey Island I encountered the volume problem many reported. I got rid of it by changine the game settings to PC speaker. now I can change the volume, but, you know, it's not really the same thing.. :-(

So I understood the problem is with the adlib version...

(no problems in Sam and Max, for example..)

matteo
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

And strange thing is.. they are using the same mixing and adlib emulation code. So how could be it be different?! Very strange..
vq304

Post by vq304 »

So PC speaker sound actually works on your 6630? I hope it will work on 6600 in the future, then maybe there won't be as much slowdown with sound enabled (I know what it sounds like with PC speaker sound, that's how I used to play it on my 386) :wink:
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well actually Tandy sound (3 channel) is quite good. And it should work on the 6600 too, its the same code base used and actually no difference at all between the two.
vq304

Post by vq304 »

I can't seem to find the option for that one. I've got these in the audio options:

No music
Adlib
FM towns
PC speaker
IBM PCjr

Default, Adlib and FM towns all sound the same, and all the others don't output any sound at all.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Sorry my fault. Try the PC Jr for 3 channel sound, it sounds better than the pc speaker, but does n't cost as much CPU as the OPL variant.
ujigeng

Post by ujigeng »

I am using PC Jr now, it sounds better.

:-)
puzzleman

Post by puzzleman »

PC Jr doesn't work for me (6600). It only works with Default and Adlib sound.