Help w/ Fate of Atlantis...

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

FeralKat

Help w/ Fate of Atlantis...

Post by FeralKat »

I've been replaying my dad's old copy of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, and I've gotten as far as the submarine. Except, when it comes to steering the sub, the game tells me the rudder's locked--even though I've found all the levers and unlocked the steering wheel. Is this some kind of glitch? :shock: I can't progress without steering the sub!!
GUN

Re: Help w/ Fate of Atlantis...

Post by GUN »

FeralKat wrote:I've been replaying my dad's old copy of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, and I've gotten as far as the submarine. Except, when it comes to steering the sub, the game tells me the rudder's locked--even though I've found all the levers and unlocked the steering wheel. Is this some kind of glitch? :shock: I can't progress without steering the sub!!

I have the same Problem on the German Version ..

i see the rudder in controls only when unlocked , but can't use them :(
DAS RUDER IST BLOCKIERT
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

FeralKat wrote:I've been replaying my dad's old copy of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, and I've gotten as far as the submarine. Except, when it comes to steering the sub, the game tells me the rudder's locked--even though I've found all the levers and unlocked the steering wheel. Is this some kind of glitch? :shock: I can't progress without steering the sub!!
It's been a long time since I played this scene, so I don't really remember. But I've played through the scene now, using boot params to get there, and the only time I got any message about the rudder being locked while steering the submarine was when piloting it backwards.
GUN

Post by GUN »

eriktorbjorn wrote:It's been a long time since I played this scene, so I don't really remember. But I've played through the scene now, using boot params to get there, and the only time I got any message about the rudder being locked while steering the submarine was when piloting it backwards.

:oops: :roll: :oops: :roll: :oops:

you're right ...
FeralKat

Post by FeralKat »

Now it won't let me turn the sub around... Drat! I'll never finish this game... :cry:
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

FeralKat wrote:Now it won't let me turn the sub around... Drat! I'll never finish this game... :cry:
I think that, too, is a consequence of piloting the submarine backwards. (To change direction, you need to stop the engines first.)
FeralKat

Post by FeralKat »

It worked! Now I feel like a complete moron...lol. Thank you for all your help!