S60 v2 051108 build reactions

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jg

S60 v2 051108 build reactions

Post by jg »

Volume settings are working

Music and SFX can indeed be set individually, so everything seems to be working right. (Side note: "Music" and "SFX" seem to refer simply to MIDI and digital sound, at least in DOTT. The speech volume setting does nothing. Checking/unchecking "Enable speech" works though.)

Based on personal preferences, acceptable volume settings lie in the range 20-90.

BASS no longer crashes

I tried starting and restarting BASS and could never recreate the "green Virgin logo" crash. I tried playing from a saved game and playing from the beginning, varying length of playing time.

Once, when I quit BASS, it froze on the final "Stay vigilant" screen. I haven't been able to recreate it, so it might have been a one-time glitch.

System controls are gone

I can't find the keys for EScummVM-specific system commands. I can only do Save/Load, Exit and Zone (*, # and 0). I can't switch screen mode or input mode.

C seems to be a modifier key. If I hold C, I can't move the mouse, click or Exit. * and 0 still work. However, holding C and pressing the numpad also does nothing. (It doesn't switch character in DOTT, but it doesn't do anything useful either.) The Pen/ABC key does nothing. I tried pressing, "double-tapping", holding, and combining almost every key.

(I realize that this is a work in progress, and that maybe the system controls just happened to disappear from this build, but I thought I should say something.)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Try navigating away and back to ScummVM as it seems that the multikey press support seems to be disabled when the application looses focus. Also I have moved away from the C button as it is was very poorly located for the N-Gage. Instead I am using the OK button. So OK + 1-5 should do it for you.

More information about the keyconfig file will follow.
jg

Post by jg »

I did try OK/Fire + numpad before, but didn't get any result, probably due to the focus problem. Swapping away and back to ScummVM helped; OK + numpad works.

HOWEVER, it can suddenly stop working again. This seems to happen whenever I press a key that doesn't control the mouse. In other words, if I press 0-9, # or *, the multi-key support is disabled. But it also seems to happen randomly. :?

In an unrelated note, I have an interesting SDL.INI in E:\System\Apps\EScummVMS60:

[TestSection]
TestKey=TestValue beyatch :P
[TestSection]
[TestSection]
... etc

This is repeated 14 times... :roll:
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Yep.. you have started the app 14 times. Will start using the ini file
jg

Post by jg »

Hm... ScummVM doesn't lose focus anymore. I'm pretty sure I didn't just imagine it, but now it's not happening anymore. Once I've switched focus away and back to ScummVM, it's fine. Maybe it was some other app in the background that claimed focus sometimes. But if an app can do that, couldn't ScummVM do it too?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Yes it is very strange that focus problem. I will try to add an extra line of code to make sure multple keypress is supported.
puzzleman

Post by puzzleman »

Great job Anotherguest!! I've tested the version with monkey island 1 & 2, and it works great with MI2, but it has no sound with MI 1. If you can solve the problem with de C key and the zoom modes, it'll be simply perfect!!

Thanks for your job!!!
Anchel

Post by Anchel »

Umm... that's weird. I happen to be unable to play Monkey Island 2 on my phone (Nokia 6670). But it seems to be a card reader problem more than anything else. It just refuses to completely paste the MI2 files to the phone. It gets stuck somewhere between while transfering the Monkey2.001 file...
puzzleman

Post by puzzleman »

I have noticed that in Monkey Island 1 i can hear de effects but not the music.
:wink:
Bustis

Post by Bustis »

Using scummvm-051108-SymbianS60v2_all.sis with Nokia 3230, newest firmware 4.0526.2 15-08-05

Sound and music both seem to be working, tested Maniac Mansion, Secret of Monkey Island (VGA) and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. Exits fine. Thank you very much!

Some strange behaviour experienced when someone calls you during a game and you answer it with green button:
1. it seems that the call is answered but you'll only hear the game music playing and the caller does not hear you either.
2. switched to phone with task manager, still no communication working.Turned on speakerphone in order to workaround this: works and you can go back to phone mode and speak normally
3. ended the call, game still working in the background, no music or effects though. The game does not exit properly, have to kill it via task manager. Can not get backlight working with anything, gprs seems not to be available either and calls can't be made, battery off reboot seemed like the only choice really.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Its true that the audiohandling continues to act, even when in a call. I think a check should be made so no attempts to play sound is made whilst the application is in the background. But there are no good guidelines how to implement a game which interacts properly with the phone application.