HELP WITH SCUMMVM

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

elsa

HELP WITH SCUMMVM

Post by elsa »

i'm a complete amateur when it comes to computers so i could do with some tech support. i downloaded indiana jones and the fate of atlantis but it won't run because the sounddriver wont initialise. by all accounts scummvm will fix this but i wanted some reassurance about this programme. is it difficult to run and what impact will it have on my computer? my dad uses this for some of his work so will kill me if i break it. will scummvm interfere with any more modern games we have?
please help becuase i really know nothing but am itching to play some old school indy!
Dark-Star

Re: HELP WITH SCUMMVM

Post by Dark-Star »

elsa wrote:...i downloaded indiana jones and the fate of atlantis...
Sorry, pirated/illegal versions are not supported.

However, if you get an original copy from ebay or something, ScummVM should not interfere with anything on your system. You don't even need to install it, just unpack the zipfile somewhere, copy the game data files, and start ScummVM.

--Darkstar
elsa

Post by elsa »

following your post i had a quick hunt and found not only indiana jones but also day of the tentacle on floppy disk. can these be installed on an xp machine? and if i install them will scummvm enable me to play them?
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

Installing ScummVM and installing DOS-Games does not in any way change or harm your system.

You can even download ScummVM as a zip file, then you do not have to install it at all.

However, pirated software will never be supported by ScummVM.

So don't even ask!

And don't forget the risk of catching some virus with pirated software!

Sorry to say this, but I can't understand why you have concerns about how trustworthy ScummVM is, but you do not have concerns about downloading pirated software.

I just don't get it.

Joachim