Secret of Monkey Island Freezes

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tkdtime

Secret of Monkey Island Freezes

Post by tkdtime »

Running v0.9.0 for pocketpc.

The game is freezing once guybrush gets shot out of the cannon at the circus tent. He hits the ground, the menu on the bottom disappears and that's it. Scumm is responsive, I can quit scumm, I can also move the mouse. Anyone else experienced this?
treesleeves

Post by treesleeves »

This is an old post, but it turned up in a thorough google search because it's exactly the problem I'm having.
However I'm running The Secret Of Monkey Island on Mac OS X 10.4.11 on the latest version of ScummVM
although this seems irrelevant if they've had the exact same problem?
If anyone knows a way around this I'd be hugely obliged, I'm trying to get my younger sisters to experience these life-changing games!

The cursor still moves and animates from white to light grey, but Guybrush stays crumpled on his head at the bottom of the circus pole with no animation in the game itself, skip-scene and other shortcuts not solving this.

Any help much appreciated, thanks xx

EDIT: Looking from the outside I find this is in the specifically Pocket PC section, which doesn't apply to me, I'll start a query in the right section, please respond to that. xx
Micru

Post by Micru »

Hi,

I'm running v0.13.1 for windows mobile and i came across with exactly the same problem. Any work-around for this?

My platform is a htc touch hd with windows mobile 6.5 on it (dutty's rom).

Hopefully you can help me, i was loving this game!

Thanks!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Stupid question perhaps, but are you sure there aren't any conversation options available? I've only played the game on a regular computer, but even then they can be a bit hard to make out in the DOS CD version of the game:
mi1-circus-cd.png
mi1-circus-cd.png (12.95 KiB) Viewed 411 times
For some reason, the floppy version uses a more visible colour:
mi1-circus-floppy.png
mi1-circus-floppy.png (12.94 KiB) Viewed 411 times
Micru

Post by Micru »

Hey eriktorbjorn! Thanks for the tip!

When i press in the position where the dialog option is suposed to be, it works!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Great! thanks!!