Please welcome ScummVM 2.8.1: Oh MMy!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rootfather
ScummVM Lead

Please welcome ScummVM 2.8.1: Oh MMy!

Post by rootfather »

Oh MMy — a new ScummVM release!

Please welcome the first ScummVM release of the year: ScummVM 2.8.1.

ScummVM 2.8.1 is a maintenance release mainly focused on fixing bugs that were uncovered since our last stable release.

This update includes upgrades for the following engines: AGI, AGS, GRIM, SWORD2, MM (which is now enabled — yes, we really skipped it in 2.8.0 by accident), mTropolis, NANCY, SCUMM, TWINE, Ultima, and V-Cruise.

The Android, Atari and macOS ports received multiple bug fixes, mostly for improving overall stability and preventing some crashes we’ve seen under certain circumstances.

The detailed list of improvements is available here.

As always, you can find the latest release on our Downloads page.

Go grab it while it's hot — enjoy!
nozomi

Re: Please welcome ScummVM 2.8.1: Oh MMy!

Post by nozomi »

Another Great release as usual. Thanks for the hard work.

I noticed in the "about" section that the copyright date has not been updated to 2024.

I've also experienced a strange issue with Backyard Football only on Mac PPC computers. Testing on both a Mac G5 desktop and a G4 laptop, i'm unable to add the game. Simply choosing to add the game, then selecting the folder causes ScummVM to immediate close. I can add the game manually in the ini file and it will work. But once added, clicking on the "Game Options" causes and immediate crash as well.

Othere issues that seem PPC releated are...
11th hour fails to display the graphics correctly, just loads to a white screen.
Myst III and Longest Journey both fail to load as well. When selecting software or OpenGL for rendering.