Infamous Bugs in Police Quest 3

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ArthurWalden

Infamous Bugs in Police Quest 3

Post by ArthurWalden »

I recently read through the entirety of the Scummvm bug fix file for SCI games. I noted that for Police Quest 3, some of the most infamous bugs in that game were not mentioned. In particular, I am thinking first of the bug at the slow moving ticket trial where you could have entered the time correctly at the traffic stop but the defense attorney says you entered the wrong time anyway and the judge finds the defendant not guilty. (I know the trial outcome doesn't affect your game score but it's still an upsetting bug to see, particularly since you have to play for so long to know if it will come up.) The second, and even worse, bug is the bad ending bug, where you awakened Marie from her coma during the game, but at the end the game says the Marie is still in a coma anyway. As I recall, both bugs seem to occur randomly, with no warning at all if they will occur.

Again (similar to another thread), is the bug fix file supposed to be comprehensive or are there other bug fixes not listed?
'
OmerMor
Got a warning

Re: Infamous Bugs in Police Quest 3

Post by OmerMor »

The bugs ScummVM fixed in Police Quest 3 can be found in several places: In addition, you have a repository of decompiled scripts for SCI games: https://github.com/sluicebox/sci-scripts
You can compare the different versions of the game (there are 6) and you might spot fixes made by Sierra for later versions.