Orly's Draw a Story

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

BennSimonn

Orly's Draw a Story

Post by BennSimonn »

Hi, I was just wondering if any progress had been made on making Orly's Draw a Story playable with ScummVM: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orly%27s_Draw-A-Story
It was one of the last Broderbund games and has proven to be difficult to get working on modern systems (though some claim they have had luck with DosBox),
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: Orly's Draw a Story

Post by sev »

No, no progress, not even on the radar.

Eugene
BennSimonn

Post by BennSimonn »

Just realized there's already a demo for it in a partially supported ScummVM game, the 1997 version of Living Books' Arthur's Birthday.

Oh, and the demo is on here too: https://www.scummvm.org/demos/
BennSimonn

Post by BennSimonn »

I’m just confused how Orly’s “not on the radar” but the demo is on the site and has minimal support from ScummVM.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Well, you answered that question yourself: it is "partially supported" (actually, it is not even that). The engine is missing the game-specific code. The demo is there for completion's sake and for the potential devs. The game is not on the compatibility list, and there is no progress on the radar.

Eugene
BennSimonn

Post by BennSimonn »

That's disappointing but I understand. I hope someday I can play Orly and Orion Burger with ScummVM.
gu3

Post by gu3 »

Orion Burger is already playable
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

gu3 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:23 pm Orion Burger is already playable
Available on the nightly builds. I. There's just a need to sort out some remaining issues with animations on 64-bit builds, and then we'll be able to announce an official testing period.
invwar

Post by invwar »

Ohh, great to hear, that the M4 Engine finally gets progress. Can't wait to play Orion Burger (and Indy Ripoff Ripley). Count me in for testing.