Drascula - the Vampire strikes back - wrong dat File

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

venom_INC
Got a warning

Drascula - the Vampire strikes back - wrong dat File

Post by venom_INC »

Hello, I have problems starting the game Drascula with ScummVM. At the start, the report comes that the .dat file is 4.0 and not the expected 6.0 Version. I would like to know where I can download the right .dat file. Can someone help me with it? :?:
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Drascula - the Vampire strikes back - wrong dat File

Post by Praetorian »

venom_INC wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:27 pm Hello, I have problems starting the game Drascula with ScummVM. At the start, the report comes that the .dat file is 4.0 and not the expected 6.0 Version. I would like to know where I can download the right .dat file. Can someone help me with it? :?:
The game can be fully and legally downloaded from the ScummVM site:
https://www.scummvm.org/games/#games-drascula:drascula

Did you try with those files?
venom_INC
Got a warning

Post by venom_INC »

I prefer my own version because i didn't get the version on the SCUMMVM website in German, although I copied the German add on into the drascula directory but that has no effect. The English version runs without music or sound effects, which is not good and I want to play the game in German with sound effects and music. The best thing would be if I could get the .dat file, since my version is guaranteed in German and contains the CD sound Files. :!:
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

venom_INC wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:27 pm Hello, I have problems starting the game Drascula with ScummVM. At the start, the report comes that the .dat file is 4.0 and not the expected 6.0 Version. I would like to know where I can download the right .dat file. Can someone help me with it? :?:
Normally the file is distributed with ScummVM. For example on Windows it is embedded in the executable, and on macOS it is included in the ScummVM.app bundle. On which platform are you using ScummVM? Usually when this issue occurs this is because an older dracula.dat file is also present and is found before the one included with ScummVM. In that case to fix the issue you need to find and delete that file.

If you compiled ScummVM yourself instead of installing a release, the engine dat files can be found in the dists/engine-data/ folder of the source code.
venom_INC
Got a warning

Post by venom_INC »

Hello, I deleted the .dat file from the game directory, as I was advised and now the game is finally working.

Many thanks for the help! :mrgreen: