is it possible to disable the "saved screenshot" text?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

heapinfrimp

is it possible to disable the "saved screenshot" text?

Post by heapinfrimp »

I only recently installed the latest version of scummvm and I noticed that it now shows text like "saved screenshot 'scummvm-meeplesworth-00005.png' when saving a screenshot. That CAN be helpful, initially, since I often forget which keys I am pressing to do that in which program and like having confirmation that I did it properly without needing to check the output folder, but taking multiple shots in succession includes the text as well as its translucent containment box from the previous screenshot, which for me personally is not ideal. Is there a way to stop the text from showing up or least from being included in screenshots?
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: is it possible to disable the "saved screenshot" text?

Post by Praetorian »

It doesn't look like there's a configuration or a command-line option to disable this.

If you can build ScummVM from the source code on your system, you could comment out this line:
https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/blob ... s.cpp#L362
heapinfrimp

Post by heapinfrimp »

admittedly building from source code is not something I ever learned to do, but I appreciate having this acknowledged! It seemed to me like something someone would have griped about already and I was surprised that I could not find any evidence of that.
In any event I fortunately have no trouble using a slightly older version from before the screenshot notice was introduced.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

I just added a scummvm.ini option for that. You will be able to see it in tomorrow's daily build.

Open your ScummVM configuration file (the path is shown on the Paths tab, typically named scummvm.ini) and add the following line to the top section named [scummvm].

Code: Select all

disable_saved_screenshot_osd=true

Eugene
heapinfrimp

Post by heapinfrimp »

oh well thank you for the consideration! I really am fine just using an older version since my other matters are out of date also and I rarely run games anyway but I will take a look at it.