Stumped ?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Cas

Stumped ?

Post by Cas »

I have installed the latest ScummVM onto my Mac, I have created a directory inside the ScummVM folder called ScummVM Games and have placed the folder containing
Lure of the Temptress called Lure into my created games folder. what is the exact process to add a game, I choose the add game option from the menu on the right, from there It takes me to my Mac files (nothing happens in the ScummVM UI ) I neither get nor see a screen like the one attached.
Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 12.18.36.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-20 at 12.18.36.png (380.29 KiB) Viewed 590 times
I see nothing in the ScummVM UI window.
Also if I go into Options and try to set up the paths after clicking on a path to setup the pointer just gets stuck on that option.

Any assistance would be good.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Re: Stumped ?

Post by criezy »

The documentation has a section on adding games: https://docs.scummvm.org/en/v2.5.1/use_ ... games.html

However, as you have noticed, on macOS ScummVM indeed uses by default the system dialog to select the game folder. So it does not look like the picture you attached. But the idea is still the same: you need to navigate to the folder in which you have the Lure of the Temptress files on your disk and then click Choose.
add games macOS.png
add games macOS.png (187.68 KiB) Viewed 582 times
If you prefer to use the ScummVM dialog to select the game folder, there is an option in the Misc tab of the Options dialog to use the native file browser or not. By default the option is enabled, but if you disable it it will then use the ScummVM dialog.
Cas

Re: Stumped ?

Post by Cas »

Thanks for the response, I was unaware of that setting, strange thing is it refuses to work selecting from the Mac native file menu's but it is now working from within the ScummVM dialog setting, all good now and working :)