Missing sounds in many games

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Vlahka

Missing sounds in many games

Post by Vlahka »

I've had issues with many games with this emulator. All the KQ games up to 5 that I've tried are missing sound effects and music whiel playing. Same goes for Quest for Glory. I was considering starting up Liesure Suite Larry games finally but then remembered everything I've tried so far hasnt worked properly. I feel like I've made the right changes in games like KQ4 and 4 and Quest for glory, but I thought I'd come and ask for help once more since its been a few years and maybe fresh insight can help me. Appreciated.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Missing sounds in many games

Post by Praetorian »

Vlahka wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:08 am I've had issues with many games with this emulator. All the KQ games up to 5 that I've tried are missing sound effects and music whiel playing. Same goes for Quest for Glory. I was considering starting up Liesure Suite Larry games finally but then remembered everything I've tried so far hasnt worked properly. I feel like I've made the right changes in games like KQ4 and 4 and Quest for glory, but I thought I'd come and ask for help once more since its been a few years and maybe fresh insight can help me. Appreciated.
Hello! Please note that ScummVM is not an emulator. It is a program that integrates many re-implementations of the original engines that various classic adventure games ran on.

Could you give a few more information about the issues so that we can address them properly and work out whether they are bugs or misconfigurations?

- On which platform are you trying to play the games?
- Which version of ScummVM are you running?
- Is there some specific examples of missing sounds that you have in mind (can you provide a youtube video link or describe game version, scene, and what is missing?

If this is actually a bug, then we will need save game files to quickly try and reproduce the issue on our side, in order to resolve the issue.
Vlahka

Re: Missing sounds in many games

Post by Vlahka »

Thanks for the reply. I decided to start from scratch and deleted my previous version of scummvm, though I had 2 versions installed. I downloaded the new version and now botht he sounds and music come through in KQ5 and Quest for glory. I dont know what to say. I spent 6months trying to get this working a couple years back and now its good. I'll credit you for helping me fix it though. Thanks! :)