Nightlong: Union City Conspiracy

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

RocketBabyDolls

Nightlong: Union City Conspiracy

Post by RocketBabyDolls »

I've just started playing this game and it's running fine for the most part. But I am getting the occasional stutter with the voice acting and several of the cutscenes end before the dialogue has finished. I've only reached the second area, Rotmall, so far and it has happened with a couple of scenes with Jacob, the scene with the newsreader and a scene with the bouncer.

Edit: It's also happened with a cutscene with Hugh on the mincom in the subway.
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Re: Nightlong: Union City Conspiracy

Post by Praetorian »

Hello,

This sounds like this bug reported here, which is marked as fixed:
https://bugs.scummvm.org/ticket/12622

This bug-fix should be in the latest stable ScummVM 2.5.1 (and 2.5.0) and also the daily development builds too. Which version of ScummVM are you testing with?

If it's a separate bug or regression, it might be worth opening a new ticket on the bug tracker and providing a save game for the team to check.

Documentation page for issuing a bug ticket on the tracker is here.

The wiki page for setting up the game for ScummVM is here (to double check in case something went wrong during that process)
RocketBabyDolls

Re: Nightlong: Union City Conspiracy

Post by RocketBabyDolls »

I'm using ScummVM 2.5.1. I'll open up a new ticket, thank you.

Edit: The audio stuttering starts from the intro movie from the beginning of the game and has been fairly common throughout. I'm only in the second area and there have been several cut scenes cut short early, not all of them though.