Windows - Its possible in WINDOW MODE, resolution 800 x 600?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Milor

Windows - Its possible in WINDOW MODE, resolution 800 x 600?

Post by Milor »

o in FULL SCREEN?

my screen its a problem why resolution 640x480 and less

.p.d. sorry i am spanish :S
Milor

Post by Milor »

hq3x - Very nice high quality filter but slow. Factor 3x. ^^ ops its good, for run faster other mode?

NOT SOUND in PLAY MONKEY ISLAND ES :S, only in intro its normal?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Milor wrote:hq3x - Very nice high quality filter but slow. Factor 3x. ^^ ops its good, for run faster other mode?
I'm not sure I understand your question... Most of the games you can play with ScummVM uses 320x200 pixels (though some use 640x480). Through the various filters, this can be scaled to twice or thrice the original size, i.e. 640x400 or 960x600 pixels. Aspect ratio correction can further stretch the image to 320x240, 640x480 or 960x720 pixels. But there is no scaler in ScummVM that can scale the image to exactly 800x600 pixels.

Which scaler you use is a matter of taste. I imagine speed isn't much of an issue on a modern computer. I tend to use advmame2x myself. With aspect-ratio correction if I run ScummVM in a window, without if I run in fullscreen mode.
Milor wrote:NOT SOUND in PLAY MONKEY ISLAND ES :S, only in intro its normal?
Is this Monkey Island 1? If so, it's probably normal. It does not have speech, only a few sound effects (doors opening and closing, etc.), and it plays music only in a few places, like the intro, the SCUMM Bar, the Voodoo Lady's house, the LeChuck cut-scenes, ...

Monkey Island 2 has no speech, but the music plays almost non-stop. It's silent right after the intro, though, until Largo appears. Monkey Island 3 has both speech and non-stop music.