Nokia 3230 MI success (without sound)

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Atomsk

Nokia 3230 MI success (without sound)

Post by Atomsk »

Hi.
So Monkey Island 1 start well with Nokia 3230 without sound (same kind of error as "Crashes / no sound support on Symbian S60 devices" on the FAQ).
Seems good, but crash at exit in the game (when I exit from the scumm main screen there is no problem but when I hit exit while in a game the game crash (I can exit the game to the phone menu using the phone "menu" button but scumm is still on memory and when I try to lanch scumm again it freeze).

Still the scree is pretty small and reading subtitles is more like guessing ...

Thank you for your hard work now I just have to buy a new memory card to test more.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well the freeze during the exit of the app once you have started a game, is the audio thread which we are waiting to close. But it is already dead. I think I have solved that problem now anyhow. And you can always change the screenmode if you need to read the next. IF you want easy readble text on the go.. buy a 200x320 or higher device, which is the native resolution of many of the games.