[question] 1 gb games to my phone

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

andrew132

[question] 1 gb games to my phone

Post by andrew132 »

how izzit posible to do that wif scummmvm?.. im using nokia 6670... and my memory onli 200 mb.... so u guys say can put games like this... how izzit posible anyway??/

monkey island 3 ... can any tech me to put this game iin my phone using scummvm
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Hi! You can compress the audio resource talkie games using the scummvm tools with MP3 or OGG resulting in files sizes of just a fraction of the original size. Its all explained in the read me for ScummVM.,

As for Curse of Monkey Island its not supported properly by ScummVM for symbian OS since its requireing much more memory than is available on any current or future phone.
andrew132

Post by andrew132 »

well.. what about the old.. monkey islands.. like the second 1 or the first 1?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Those should work fine , keeping in mind that you do need some free memory in your phone to be able to run them, i.e not alot of autostarting apps.
andrew132

Post by andrew132 »

well.. thx.... but i had no idea where to find them... some files... are cue... and bin.... how to tranfer it anyway =.="
clem

Post by clem »

andrew132 wrote:well.. thx.... but i had no idea where to find them... some files... are cue... and bin.... how to tranfer it anyway =.="
forum rule #0.