Big Problem with Broken Sword 1

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

grzegoooorz

Big Problem with Broken Sword 1

Post by grzegoooorz »

Hi Guys,

I have a axim x51v.My problem is:

I prepair a pack with broken sword 1 with non compress sound.I copy the original files from Cd version game to folder on my sd card(By manual faq about scumm games for pocketpc ),and when I start the game I don't have a video (you know the movie about bang in cafe etc...).But when I run this package by scumm for windows the movie is playing.I have latest version of scummvm for pocket pc.I have a video files 34 mb and I puted this files in general directory Name Broken Sword 1 in folder called VIDEO.
I don't know who is it ? Please help me .Thank's us for interesting my problem

Regards
Grzegorz
Poland

P.S Sorry for my bad English
SirDave

Post by SirDave »

Don't worry- this isn't that big a problem. You just need to download and install the 'Cutscene Pack'. All this is explained under the title: Broken Sword I near the bottom of the manual here:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=936
grzegoooorz

Post by grzegoooorz »

but I download the 34mb cutscene pack from this site,extract this files and put in into the folder called VIDEO,which I copy to main directory in Broken Sword 1 folder.
clem

Post by clem »

not sure if it has to be in a VIDEO subfolder, try to put the files into the same directory as the game files
grzegoooorz

Post by grzegoooorz »

I tried and it's same :(
SirDave

Post by SirDave »

Don't know then- if you're running Windows Mobile 5, that may be the problem. Maybe there are others who have run Broken Sword 1 under WM5 with cutscenes who can answer this.
ViolentOr

Post by ViolentOr »

I`ve got F-S LOOX 720 (wm 2003SE). And i have the same problems - on the last version of scummvm for pocketpc video in broken sword doesn`t work.. but if i use version 0.7.1 everything is great)) So i have 2 versions of scummvm on my device))

Thanks for ur job! Favourite games, on favourite device)
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Please file a bug report for this using the bug tracker on the scummvm webpage.
grzegoooorz

Post by grzegoooorz »

ykhmmm..... I download the version 0.7.1 for ARM and nothing happen better.... Maybe you used some other version of number 0.71??
ViolentOr

Post by ViolentOr »

knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

the combination of libmpeg2 & libtremor seems to be probematic right now for some unspecified reason. work is underway for this issue.