remap bugs?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jumpjack

remap bugs?

Post by jumpjack »

when I attempt to remap joystick in 0.8.2, I obtain a cursor moving DIAGONALLY! :shock:
What's wrong?

And, Game A and Game B keys are not detected.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well.. that means it is remapped twice or so. :-) Well.. I have to check that one out. As for A & B.. need an A1000 for checking the keycodes for that one. but I will see what I can achieve
jumpjack

Post by jumpjack »

Anotherguest wrote:Well.. that means it is remapped twice or so. :-) Well.. I have to check that one out. As for A & B.. need an A1000 for checking the keycodes for that one. but I will see what I can achieve
I can write an OPL program on my a1000 to detect key codes, but I don't know if codes are the same which you read using C++.
Which codes did you read for joystick? I'll compare them with my results. If they match, I can send you the Game Keys codes.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

You should be able to remap them using a keymapping file. But that is n't very well documented. I have taken the code for that from the S60 SDL version and I am using the same format. You can compare keycodes in opl from the e32keys.h file in the sdk to see if they map.
jumpjack

Post by jumpjack »

These are my results:

UP = 63558
DOWN = 63559
LEFT = 63560
RIGHT = 63561
FIRE = 63542
Game A = 63580
Game B = 63581
(Power = 63567)

I was not able to detect any other hardware key (volume, camera, voice selection)
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Thanks. I will remap A & B to something useful. :-) Did power turn off the phone or? But if ScummVM hangs I guess you want to keep power as it is. ;-)
jumpjack

Post by jumpjack »

Anotherguest wrote:Thanks. I will remap A & B to something useful. :-) Did power turn off the phone or? But if ScummVM hangs I guess you want to keep power as it is. ;-)
On a1000, power key is quite strange: it has 3 functions:
- turn off
- lock screen
- unlock screen/turn on display light

63567 is the "unlock" code (didn't test the others): you can use the "unlock position" anytime even if the phone is not locked, for example to light up the display once it turned off after the timeout.

But I put the code in brackets as I don't knwo if it's a good idea to remap that code to something...
jumpjack

Post by jumpjack »

Anotherguest wrote:Thanks. I will remap A & B to something useful.
mmmh... "delete char"? :oops:
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Ehh well.. no.. I think like use it for right and left click would be better. But the key config within scumm should also be improved. So I am assign them to like a SDL functionkey which then can be remapped to what ever you like. :-) Guess what.. A B mapps to ApplicationKeyA and ApplicationKeyB. ;-)