Trying to compress PC Broken Sword on a Mac

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

adamb2

Trying to compress PC Broken Sword on a Mac

Post by adamb2 »

Hi

I 've copied the all the files from the pc disks as instructed, renamed the speech files and downloaded the cutscenes, all work fine.

I would like to compress the files for my psp, but when I run the compress BS in the terminal, which in the same folder as broken sword.
When I run it, it say it can't see any of the folders.

Any Clues ??

Cheers
Adamb
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Trying to compress PC Broken Sword on a Mac

Post by eriktorbjorn »

adamb2 wrote:Hi

I 've copied the all the files from the pc disks as instructed, renamed the speech files and downloaded the cutscenes, all work fine.

I would like to compress the files for my psp, but when I run the compress BS in the terminal, which in the same folder as broken sword.
When I run it, it say it can't see any of the folders.
Are you talking about Broken Sword 1 or 2? The compress_sword1 tool seems to do things a bit more automagically than most, and assumes that the files to compress are in sub-folders to the current one.

I.e. that part of the file tree may something like this:

Code: Select all

Sword2
|--- swordres.rif
|--- general.clu
|--- ireland.clu
|--- (and so on)
|--- train.clu
|--- SPEECH
|    |--- SPEECH1.CLU
|    `--- SPEECH2.CLU
|--- MUSIC
|    |--- 1M2.WAV
|    |--- 1M3.WAV
|    |--- (and so on)
|    `--- RM3D.WAV
`--- VIDEO
     |--- candle.mp2
     |--- candle.ogg
     |--- (and so on)
     `--- well.pal
And you're then supposed to run compress_sword1 from what, in the example above, is called the Sword2 folder.

NB: I haven't actually tested this recently, so I could very well have gotten it wrong.
adamb2

still no luck

Post by adamb2 »

I've followed your file tree and even put the compress sword 1 in the the game folder but it still can't see the folders. Oh by the way it's broken sword 1 I'm trying to compress

Cheers
AdamB