Problem with Full Throttle recognizing sound card

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MannyCalavera

Problem with Full Throttle recognizing sound card

Post by MannyCalavera »

Hey there I just downloaded your program latest build v0.8.0 and I couldn't get it to find the installed Full Throttle. I can run the game fine on my Win 2k SP4 PC but I can't get it to recognize my sound card so in turn I have no sound. I have never played this game before, but for years I have wanted to and only recently I found my friends copy of the game and borrowed it.

Is there any reason why ScummVM isnt recognizing the installed game? Or is there a way to get the game to give me sound w/out running scummVM? Someone smart please help, I'm not going to play this game without sound -_-

Thanks,

Manny Calavera ~~~'~<3
Dark-Star

Post by Dark-Star »

ScummVM uses your Windows sound drivers to produce sound. So you should check if you have properly installed Wave and MIDI drivers in Windows (try playing a WAV file and a MID file in Media Player).

If only WAV playback works you might want to enable the MT-32 sound driver in the ScummVM options menu (instead of the Windows driver), although for this you need a powerful CPU (>1.3 GHz)
MannyCalavera

Post by MannyCalavera »

WAV and MIDI both run on my sound card. I just checked.

For some reason I can't get ScummVM to recognize that I have Full Throttle installed in the directory. When I point it to the directory it says it cannot find the game there.

However if I dont configure the sound in the install of Full Throttle it runs but without sound. This is without running ScummVM.

Is there a special way to get it to recognize the game on ScummVM? =/

Thanks,

Manny Calavera ~~~~'<3
lavosspawn
ScummVM Developer

Post by lavosspawn »

I am not sure what exactly the LucasArts installer copies.

Basically, you need to copy the entire CD to your harddisk, select the given directory in ScummVM using 'Add game' and then click 'choose'.

You may also want to take a look at
the ScummVM Datafiles page, it lists exactly which files you need to copy.
MannyCalavera

Post by MannyCalavera »

Sweet thanks I got it to work, however I can't make it save. F1 usually brings up the menu. But not on the ScummVM port of it.

Is there another way to do this?
MannyCalavera

Post by MannyCalavera »

Nvm i found it :D :D