Indy 1, 2, 3...?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jumpjack

Indy 1, 2, 3...?

Post by jumpjack »

I thought Indy and Atlantis was "Indy 1"... as it was my FIRST Indiana's game... but now I see it's Indy 4; I think Indy 3 is "Lost Crusade", but what about 1 and 2?
And, what are Indy4's characters all talking about at the beginning of the game? I think they refer to previous events in Indy 3... Where could I find its "plot"?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Indy 1, 2, 3...?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

jumpjack wrote:I thought Indy and Atlantis was "Indy 1"... as it was my FIRST Indiana's game... but now I see it's Indy 4; I think Indy 3 is "Lost Crusade", but what about 1 and 2?
And, what are Indy4's characters all talking about at the beginning of the game? I think they refer to previous events in Indy 3... Where could I find its "plot"?
I think the movies Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Temple of Doom are supposed to be "Indy 1" and "Indy 2" respectively. There aren't any LucasArts point-and-click adventure games based on them, anyway.
h3xx

Post by h3xx »

Oh, so the game number refers to the sequence of film making and not game making. I don't remember an atlantis movie, though.
I dunno. I never paid much attention to when the movie trilogy was made. I always just enjoyed the hell out of them.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

h3xx wrote:Oh, so the game number refers to the sequence of film making and not game making. I don't remember an atlantis movie, though.
I dunno. I never paid much attention to when the movie trilogy was made. I always just enjoyed the hell out of them.
Since it is in fact a movie trilogy, there is no Indy 4 movie (yet), of course.
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

That reminds me of the sad story of the disappearance of LucasFan, who had planned to make a fanmade Indy1 P&C-Adventure... :cry:
Nobody knows what happened to him since his website had shut down...
clem

Post by clem »

they're planning some Indy4 movie (been in development hell forever) but I doubt it'll be about Atlantis
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

clem wrote:they're planning some Indy4 movie (been in development hell forever) but I doubt it'll be about Atlantis
Yeah, I remember seeing a newspaper story about it. Might have been in the mid-nineties. I wonder if Harrison Ford will play Indiana Jones or Henry Jones by the time it finally gets made. :)
clem

Post by clem »

eriktorbjorn wrote: Yeah, I remember seeing a newspaper story about it. Might have been in the mid-nineties. I wonder if Harrison Ford will play Indiana Jones or Henry Jones by the time it finally gets made. :)
last thing I heard some months ago is that Ford said either they film it this year or he won't be in it... but then again that's probably just some PR ploy :-/
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

clem wrote:last thing I heard some months ago is that Ford said either they film it this year or he won't be in it... but then again that's probably just some PR ploy :-/
They really should start filming now, unless his part is playing in a coffin.
jumpjack

Post by jumpjack »

LogicDeLuxe wrote:
clem wrote:last thing I heard some months ago is that Ford said either they film it this year or he won't be in it... but then again that's probably just some PR ploy :-/
They really should start filming now, unless his part is playing in a coffin.
are we going to discover the secret son of Indiana? :lol:
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

LogicDeLuxe wrote:They really should start filming now, unless his part is playing in a coffin.
You mean like this? :)