Cloud saves + cloud game folder

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jonnyijapan

Cloud saves + cloud game folder

Post by jonnyijapan »

On this page there is a cloud storage discussion.

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Cloud_Storage_Support

I'm using the macOS build 2.0.0 (Jan 15, 2018), but there is no Cloud tab in Options - it seems to not be enabled.

On which platforms are cloud supported? Why is it off on macOS? Could I recompile to have clouds enabled for macOS (and iOS)?

(btw I'm slowly making a tvOS port and am considering how to fix saves + the game files)
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

I may be wrong, but i don't think the "cloud" featuree has been enabled in the release builds yet.

Some bolts are missing and i recall sev telling me he needs to refresh some server information first, but i'm surely mixing things up again.
jonnyijapan

Post by jonnyijapan »

Thanks for the info.

I was finally able to get the cloud tab working on iOS - took me ages to build libcurl etc from sources that was needed - but not available in binary form anywhere.

Yes I got the feeling that this is not 100% official yet.
I tried to connect some content providers like Dropbox, Google Drive but they where giving errors regarding usage limits, or in GD's case gave me a 16 block code, where the expected one was 8 :D also the code I got contained slashes and other letters - most of those wouldn't even be allowed to be entered into the scummvm interface.

This whole cloud feature seems great but seems like it's a bit complicated and could break, depending on so many different ends - like depending on www.scummvm.org to work. But hey, if it works in the end, why not.
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

Most cloud storage providers offer some form of folder sync options so I couldn't understand why cloud saves needed to be a feature in ScummVM. My solution has always been to relocate the Save Path folder to a location that is synchronised [by in my case, OneDrive].

I don't know how mobile platforms would deal with it but for a desktop OS it works.