rip MI2 music from Monkey Island Madness

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Moosferatu

rip MI2 music from Monkey Island Madness

Post by Moosferatu »

I'm trying to rip the music for MI2 from the Monkey Island Madness cd to use with scummvm ds. I'm using CDex to do so, but all that shows up are SMI tracks. Can anyone tell me how to rip the MI2 tracks, if it's possible?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: rip MI2 music from Monkey Island Madness

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Moosferatu wrote:I'm trying to rip the music for MI2 from the Monkey Island Madness cd to use with scummvm ds. I'm using CDex to do so, but all that shows up are SMI tracks. Can anyone tell me how to rip the MI2 tracks, if it's possible?
Monkey Island 2 does not use CD audio for music. It uses (at least in the case of the PC version) PC speaker (not supported by ScummVM), Adlib or MIDI music.

It would be virtually impossible to replace the music with CD audio tracks. For one thing, there's too much of it. Unlike Monkey Island 1 the music plays almost non-stop. In addition, iMUSE does too many fancy tricks. That's how (among other things) the music can change so smoothly while you walk around in Woodtick, and how new instruments can be added to the Voodoo Lady's theme the closer you get to her home.

By the way, this is mentioned in the FAQ.
Moosferatu

Post by Moosferatu »

Yeah, thanks. I just realized that and I re-read the scummvm ds page and noticed I missed this the first time I read it, "All the floppy games and CD games that didn't have CD audio tracks for music don't require any conversion, and will work unmodified on ScummVM DS."