Arthur's Birthday

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

4campanella

Arthur's Birthday

Post by 4campanella »

I'm new to using this particular emulator and i was having trouble playing the game Arthur's Birthday. I wanted to play it for some good ol nostalgia but when start up the game it saying the game is not yet fully supported by ScummVM (even tho it says this game is supported in the readme). I press start anyway and it works fine until the menu appears. After arthur talks a bit this pops up:

I can't seem to get it to do anything afterwards. It says to type "exit" to go back to the game and when i do it closes everything out.

I figured the "tag MHWK" has something to do with the engine the game was made on but I don't really know what to do to fix it
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Do you have any other message in the console/terminal when you start the game. See FAQ 5 (and in particular 5.6).

These kind of errors usually indicate you have a corrupted file, so you could try to copy again the files from the original CD.

Also which version of ScummVM are you using?
4campanella

Post by 4campanella »

I don't see any other messages and I'm using the files of the game I downloaded from Emuparadise. I'm using ScummVM 1.6.0
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

Forum Rule 0 violation. No warez or abandonware. Locking the thread.