ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > General Discussion > Leslie's hair changes color in Zak McKracken
Leslie's hair changes color in Zak McKracken
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
FragmentalStew

Leslie's hair changes color in Zak McKracken 

So, I was playing Zak Mckracken for C64 and noticed that every time I take Leslie's helmet off, her hair is a different color.

I was going to ask the forum if this was a bug or intentional, but then I found this article from mixnmojo https://mixnmojo.com/features/sitefeatures/LucasArts-Secret-History-Zak-McKracken-and-the-Alien-Mindbenders/3, and apparently it is. I don't know if her hair changes color in every version. Apparently, there was a real Leslie that worked at Lucas Film games, and she changed her hair color every week, so this is a reference to her.

Even though I discovered that the effect was intended, I thought I would go ahead and share it here anyway. Maybe someone in the future won't have to search so long. I was so confused at first, but now I really like it. It's like a quirky little easter egg.

Post Sun May 06, 2018 11:10 pm 
CaptainJei

I like the hair-color-change feature a lot too. I think it's in all versions of the game. I can confirm that it's in the 256-color FM-Towns version you can buy on GOG.

Post Fri May 18, 2018 5:32 am 
Reply to topic