Pajama Sam 1 (Steam) intermittent soft-lock

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Nicholas Steel

Pajama Sam 1 (Steam) intermittent soft-lock

Post by Nicholas Steel »

I had a situation in the Kitchen in Darkness's House where after clicking on various things to listen to them I clicked the fridge and the game got stuck repeatedly playing the voice clip for the fridge over-and-over, the game never gave me back control of the mouse courser so I had to force the game shut :/ (The first game has no Save function and ScummVM's Save State function is grayed out? Edit: Can apparently press "S" to save in the first game).

Oh and the Fridge animations stopped playing while its audio clip kept looping too.

I tried to repeat the situation but it kept working without issue during my attempts to reproduce the problem which is annoying.

I have a feeling I ran in to a similar issue with the game when using the version of ScummVM the Steam game came with (years ago) which put me off of even trying to complete the game but my memory is a bit fuzzy.

No clue if the issue is a game specific issue or ScummVM issue.

ScummVM 2.0.0
Windows 10
This was meant to be in the Help & Support section of the forum.
Nicholas Steel

Re: Pajama Sam 1 (Steam) intermittent soft-lock

Post by Nicholas Steel »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk4oIHZUmA8 (17:05)

Looks like the Game Grumps on Youtube also ran in to an issue with the Kitchen and had to start their playthrough over. I'm unsure what version of ScummVM they're using, prolly whatever version the game currently ships with on Steam.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Apparently, this bug has finally been fixed, but is not live yet (daily builds feature the fix, though)

I'd love to say "Keep your apps updated, kids", but it's too early for that :-)
Nicholas Steel

Post by Nicholas Steel »

Nice, thanks for the link/info.