About World of Xeen GOG Version

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Gudadantza

Post by Gudadantza »

Using the latest daily and I keep having he problem with the voices mixed and continously triggered and not stopping at exit. One trainer talk to me something about zombies but the text is about 500 gold for training in secret doors etc...:)

the commit marks it as solved.
So can it be savegame related again? Should it be needed to start a new game to fix the problem?

Greetings

EDIT: And one more thing about fountains. Maybe the fountain that gives +5 levels is glitched as well because keeps buffing more than once.
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

Maybe try again with a build from tomorrow. I've made a whole bunch of fixes to voice playback over the course of the day, so it's likely you're still using a now out of date build.

As for the +5 fountain, I couldn't replicate any problem with it giving me multiple levels. If you can still replicate it tomorrow with a fresh build, maybe consider filing a bug report on the Issue Tracker with an attached savegame at the fountain, so it can be investigated further.
Gudadantza

Post by Gudadantza »

Yes, I was running the wrong build.

I can say that all appears to be fixed now with the voices and the health fountain!

And apart of this I have noticed that the crashes with serrated scalpel in latest dailys are fixed as well.

Great job!
Gudadantza

Post by Gudadantza »

Another one I consider minor.

In the inventory screen when in the ironworks (I suppose it will be the same in any shop with similar options) the switching between the Buy, Sell, Identify and Fix buttons can not be done with the mouse but it works with the keyboard.

The button is pressed but the funtion does not trigger if using the mouse, just the keys, the rest of buttons appear to work fine, keyboard or mouse.

Greetings
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

Gudadantza wrote:Another one I consider minor.

In the inventory screen when in the ironworks (I suppose it will be the same in any shop with similar options) the switching between the Buy, Sell, Identify and Fix buttons can not be done with the mouse but it works with the keyboard.
Another good catch. That's now fixed.
Gudadantza

Post by Gudadantza »

It appears that autonotes do not script themselves into the diary.

And when loading a game the music does not trigger until other action, like enter a tavern or change map, is performed.
But this last one is probably intentional or the way the sound works in the new engine.

Greetings
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

Gudadantza wrote:It appears that autonotes do not script themselves into the diary.
I think the Auto Notes dialog is all sorted out now, and should show the correct information. The music issue still needs to be looked into.
Gudadantza

Post by Gudadantza »

Autonotes do appear solved in last build, but I have found another one about shrines.

North the dwarf mines, close to the the mine 2 exit, through the mountain to the lava rivers, there is a +50 fire resistance shrine but I seems to gift you with continously buffing of luck instead.
Resuming, the shrine does not stop buffing you if you repit the praying process and the gift seems to be incorrect.

Greetings!
Gudadantza

Post by Gudadantza »

One question. Are the color of the liquid in the barrels be recorded in the autonotes? I am not sure, and maybe I am confusing about how it works in might and magic 6 instead.

In case it should be recorded in the diary I can say It is not the case.

Greetings
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

Gudadantza wrote:One question. Are the color of the liquid in the barrels be recorded in the autonotes?
It seems not. I went into the Dwarf Mines in the original executable, drank from barrels, and confirmed nothing was entered into Auto Notes.
Dark-Star

Post by Dark-Star »

Gudadantza wrote:One question. Are the color of the liquid in the barrels be recorded in the autonotes? I am not sure, and maybe I am confusing about how it works in might and magic 6 instead.

In case it should be recorded in the diary I can say It is not the case.

Greetings
No, this was never in Xeen 4 / 5. I also keep forgetting which color is which (except for red and white, for some reason) and have to look it up online ;-)
Gudadantza

Post by Gudadantza »

Yes, I was spoiled by might and magic 6
Gudadantza

Post by Gudadantza »

Something I was aware days ago and I think is unintended is the voice in the dwarf mine animation, the dwarf says his firsts two words and the rest of the voice is paused until the captioning finishes, it seems the voice and captioning are too desynced resulting in longer pause.

Greetings
Gudadantza

Post by Gudadantza »

Another one I have doubts about are the danger sense skeleton in mine 3 into the dwarven mines. It seems to give danger sense each time you select any pc. I do not remember, if it is gifted only the first time or not.

Greetings
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

Gudadantza wrote:Another one I have doubts about are the danger sense skeleton in mine 3 into the dwarven mines. It seems to give danger sense each time you select any pc. I do not remember, if it is gifted only the first time or not.
I checked, and the original similarly allows you to give the skill to as many characters as you want.
Gudadantza wrote:Something I was aware days ago and I think is unintended is the voice in the dwarf mine animation, the dwarf says his firsts two words and the rest of the voice is paused until the captioning finishes, it seems the voice and captioning are too desynced resulting in longer pause.
I'm aware of that one. The original didn't actually allow both speech and subtitles to be active at the same time. When both are in ScummVM, I've tried to interleave the two as best I could, but there are a few places in the cutscenes, such as here, where it isn't 100% effective.