ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Help and Support > How do you play Zork Grand Inquisitor?
How do you play Zork Grand Inquisitor?
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
Nicholas Steel

How do you play Zork Grand Inquisitor? 

The version provided by GOG seems to use the ZEngine to improve compatibility with modern operating systems but this has a strange issue where the mouse courser will somewhat frequently jump from one spot on the screen to another spot which is always jarring and irritating when it happens.

I've read that the ScummVM engine supports this game, I'm not 100% sure of how to setup ScummVM for the game.

I've read in the ScummVM documentation that there is a recommended font file to download for ScummVM when using ScummVM to play this game, however all the links to this file in the ScummVM documentation are dead. I tried opening a case for this on the bug tracker but it seemingly got deleted >.>" so I'm pointing this out here on the forum.

tl;dr?
Would like help setting up ScummVM for this game.
Would like a copy of the recommended font file.

Post Tue May 01, 2018 8:45 am 
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Re: How do you play Zork Grand Inquisitor? 

quote:
Originally posted by Nicholas Steel
I tried opening a case for this on the bug tracker but it seemingly got deleted >.>"

The bug you opened is still here at https://bugs.scummvm.org/ticket/10448. It has not been deleted but it has been closed because the issue has now been fixed (and thank you for reporting it!).

You can find valid links to download the fonts in the updated README or on our wiki.
Post Tue May 01, 2018 12:53 pm 
Nicholas Steel

Ooh, okay, thank you.

Post Tue May 01, 2018 1:41 pm 
Nicholas Steel

Where is the Extras folder located? Neither the warning message nor that section of the help file mentions where it is located.

I tried creating an "extras" folder in the ScummVM folder and placing the fonts there but the game still won't launch/tells me to get the fonts.

Post Fri May 04, 2018 8:29 am 
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Location: A haunted Castle somewhere in the Bavarian Mountains

Have you also "set" your extras drawer to the correct location in Options... -> Paths ?

Post Fri May 04, 2018 4:16 pm 
Nicholas Steel

I just figured that out right now lol, scary coincidence. The game's loading now. After I beat Pajama Sam 2 (already beaten 1 & 3) I'll see how well Zork plays in ScummVM.

Zork: Grand Inquisitor really didn't play very well in the ZEngine program that GOG used. Camera panning speed was wonky regardless of configuration and the mouse intermittently jumped to a completely different location on the screen when you're moving the courser around the screen which made the experience pretty wonky.

Initial impression of Zork: tGI in ScummVM is promising, camera panning is how I remember it behaving back in the day.

Post Fri May 04, 2018 4:17 pm 
Reply to topic