GoG Updates SCI Games

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dafioram

GoG Updates SCI Games

Post by dafioram »

Recently, GoG has updated several of their SCI games to use ScummVM 2.0.0. List includes:

- Codename: ICEMAN
- Colonel's Bequest, The
- Conquests of Camelot: The Search for the Grail
- Conquests of the Longbow: The Legend of Robin Hood
- Dagger of Amon Ra, The
- Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within
- Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
- King's Quest 1+2+3
- King's Quest 4+5+6
- King's Quest 7+8
- Phantasmagoria
- Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh
- Space Quest 1+2+3
- Space Quest 4+5+6
- Torin's Passage
Gudadantza

Post by Gudadantza »

And recently Leisure suit larry 1-7 excepting the svga version of larry 6

I don´t know about quest for glory and police quest. But if it is not the case, I guess it is matter of time.
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

Last I looked QFG didn't change. Someone was saying that maybe it was because QFG4 isn't supported yet (the other 4 are) but that's just guessing I think.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

I actually downloaded Leisure Suit Larry 7 from GoG two days ago, and I can confirm that the version for Windows now uses ScummVM, but the Mac version doesn't (it still uses wine). It looks like the Linux version also uses ScummVM (the change log on their web site says "Leisure Suit Larry: Love For Sail! is now available on Linux thanks to ScummVM 2.0.").

Furthermore the mac version crashes very early on when run with ScummVM, probably because of some patch files added by GoG to make it run properly with wine. Instead of tracking those patch files down it was easier to get the Windows download and install it with wine. Hopefully GoG will update their Mac version as well.
Cousin Sven

Post by Cousin Sven »

criezy wrote:Furthermore the mac version crashes very early on when run with ScummVM, probably because of some patch files added by GoG to make it run properly with wine. Instead of tracking those patch files down it was easier to get the Windows download and install it with wine. Hopefully GoG will update their Mac version as well.
That's odd, I recently downloaded the mac version of the same game and played it from start to finish in ScummVM 2.0.0. I had a few crashes during gameplay but the game was completely playable. I can't remember exactly how I set it up but I opened the package contents of the app to separate the actual data files from the Wine framework.