LOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

TimesNine

LOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by TimesNine »

I followed the procedure for ripping in the audio file from the VGA cd and naming it track1. However, when I play, the audio does not sync up. It seems to be getting ahead of itself. Any ideas?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: LOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by eriktorbjorn »

TimesNine wrote:I followed the procedure for ripping in the audio file from the VGA cd and naming it track1. However, when I play, the audio does not sync up. It seems to be getting ahead of itself. Any ideas?
You don't say whether it gets badly out of sync, or just slightly out of sync. Slightly out of sync is to be expected. In other "talkie" games, the voice-overs are separate from the rest of the sound, so the game can issue a "talk" instruction, and the actor will move its mouth while that sound is playing.

In the CD version of Loom all the sound, speech and music is mixed together in one long CD audio track. The game picks a certain point in the track and begins playing it. The game script can check for how long the track has been playing, but other than that there's no feedback between the animation and the sound.
TimesNine

Thanks

Post by TimesNine »

I actually got it work a bit after the post i put up. However, thank you for the help.