1.9.0.2 - Unable to "Add Game..."

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Chilly Willy

1.9.0.2 - Unable to "Add Game..."

Post by Chilly Willy »

When I try to add a game in 1.9.0.2, it does nothing but lock the cursor to the "Add Game..." button. Version 1.8.0 works just fine.

OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks)
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

To make sure this is the same issue I already know about, can you confirm that when you click on "Add Game..." the file browser opens, you can select a directory, and only after you have selected a directory the cursor remains locked to the 'Add Games..." button?

I and others have reproduced such an issue, but not consistently (most of the times it worked for me), and what happens is that after selecting a directory the file browser remains open hidden in the background and still locks inputs. I am not sure why it happens, but I made changes to ScummVM back in July to try to fix this and have not reproduced the issue since. So hopefully this will be fixed in version 2.0 that will be released in a few weeks.
Chilly Willy

Post by Chilly Willy »

Yes, it happens after I've selected a game.
CoolMathDad

Post by CoolMathDad »

I am having the same problem. Mac OS Yosemite and ScummVM 2.0.0
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

So that means the changes I made before the 2.0.0 release did not fix the issue (or at least not completely). The problem I have now is that I have been unable to reproduce this issue since I made those changes, and I am at a loss about the possible cause. There are some anecdotal evidence of this happening with other applications on the internet (for exemple here), but nothing that really helps me pinpoint the root of the issue.

It might be worth opening a ticket on our bug tracker to make sure we do not forget about this issue.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Re: 1.9.0.2 - Unable to "Add Game..."

Post by criezy »

For users that encounter this issue, there is now the possibility to use the ScummVM file browser instead of the system one (the options is in the Misc tab of the options dialog).