Where are game settings saved in retropie SCM1.9.1 SDL?

Discussion about other and unofficial ports of ScummVM

Moderator: ScummVM Team

RCP90totheface

Where are game settings saved in retropie SCM1.9.1 SDL?

Post by RCP90totheface »

Thanks! WOuld be useful also to know where save game data goes.

Thanks again!

It's Retropie 4.3.
dafioram

Post by dafioram »

/opt/retropie/configs/scummvm/saves

I go back and forth between my retropie and computer a lot using ScummVM so I've found that changing the default save location, and screenshots to a usb drive, as well as having the actual games on the usb makes the most sense for me.
RCP90totheface

Post by RCP90totheface »

Thanks man, that's really helpful. Is everything in the saves folder a save then? I want to wipe all of my saves but wanted to make sure I dont also wipe anything essential. I'm guessing they are all saves of different types, as the other settings are in the scummvm.ini.

Do you happen to know where retropie also stores metadata (location of videos and images)? I thought it was in .emulationstation/gamelist.xml, however many of the games listed here, despite showing the exact correct paths for my boxart, were not displaying it. To rectify it I painstakingly went through and used the 'edit metadata' function and typed out the paths for artwork for each game. Now I want to use my work so far to create a bigger image on a bigger SD card, but I don't wanna have to do this again (with 25 games this took hours).

Any idea where this config info is kept? It can't be the gamelist, this doesn't even have any paths listed for videos at all.

Thanks again!
dafioram

Post by dafioram »

The bottom of this page discusses using the built in scraper to find your own coverart: retropie scrapper

Or you can change the xml directly as you are doing. I think the gamelist you want is in /home/pi/.emulationstation/gamelists/"your system"
RCP90totheface

Gamelist.xml doesnt match the metadata settings

Post by RCP90totheface »

Thanks again for your help dafioram.

I used the scrapers for some stuff but I found it to be patchy at best for ScummVM so went the manual route for most of it.

This is what I can't understand about the gamelist.xml. This is surely where the metadata is stored, but -

1) The paths to some of my boxart, despite being perfect in the XML (I changed the names of my files to match), did not result in the images being displayed. About 60% did, the rest didn't.

2) There is no path in the XML for video. By having all the files with (I think) the correct naming convention in the 'snaps' folder in scummvm, about say 20% of them only displayed. I tried adding a line into the XML after the image line thus and re-uploading:

<video>/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/scummvm/snap/cruise.mp4</video>

But no dice, the video doesnt display still. And then when I change my 'metadata' path manually within ES itself (long and boring) - the videos DO work - but then I don't understand where RP/ES are storing these paths, so I can't copy my settings. It just can't be the gamelist XML, as no path for video is listed, even though my videos are displaying correctly.

Do you see my issue? Any help received with thanks!