--list-games and -z do not seem to work

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

lukeman3000
Got a warning

--list-games and -z do not seem to work

Post by lukeman3000 »

I'm trying to output a list of supported games and their respective game id's, but I cannot get this command-line parameter to work. I've tried:

scummvm -z

scummvm --list-games

But nothing happens. Any ideas?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: --list-games and -z do not seem to work

Post by eriktorbjorn »

lukeman3000 wrote: But nothing happens. Any ideas?
It doesn't say anything at all? Not even an error message like "command not found" or something like that?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

I just tried it and it works for me (with current master code on macOS).
Can you provide more information, such as the version of ScummVM you are using and for which OS? And also as eiktornjorn asked indicate whether you get any output at all or just nothing.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

lukeman3000, are you on Windows by any chance?
It appears that the 1.9.0 release for windows, as well as daily builds from buildbot, do not show any output for command line use. However the daily builds from Kirben (available on our download page) seem to work. I have now created a bug for it (https://bugs.scummvm.org/ticket/10174).
Last edited by criezy on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lukeman3000
Got a warning

Post by lukeman3000 »

criezy wrote:lukeman3000, are you on Windows by any chance?
It appears that the 1.9.0 release for windows, as well as daily builds from buildbot, do not show any output for command line use. However the daily builds from Kirben (available on our download page) seem to work. I have no created a bug for it (https://bugs.scummvm.org/ticket/10174).
Hi -

Yes, I'm on Windows. I'll check out the Kirben build, thanks!

Edit: Checked out the kirben build and I'm experiencing an interesting behavior.

This is a somewhat long-winded explanation. I have an autohotkey script which resizes the scummvm window to 1296x999 for a game resolution of 1280x960, or effectively, 4x scaling.

The script launches the game, waits a couple seconds for scummvm to initialize, and then does the resizing of the window. I have the environment variable of SDL_VIDEO_CENTERED set to 1, so that SDL windows are automatically centered. However, this does not seem to effect the most recent kirben build. The window does not re-center itself after being resized such as it had previously (with the official daily build).

Any ideas?