Defeat the ruler of the Fifth Age

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

criezy
ScummVM Developer

Defeat the ruler of the Fifth Age

Post by criezy »

Right after the ending of Myst, you are promptly sent to another Age by Atrus, where his wife Catherine is stranded. Riven is the fifth Age written by Atrus' father, Gehn, which he rules as a cruel self-proclaimed god. Your dual mission is to rescue Catherine and imprison Gehn. To be successful you will have to carefully explore the five islands of Riven and solve the intricate puzzles they hide.

The ScummVM team is proud to announce that Riven: The Sequel to Myst is finally ready for its testing period. If you want to help with the tests, use the latest daily build of ScummVM to play the Windows or Mac version of the game. Please report the issues you encounter on our bug tracker. Be sure to follow our testing and bug reporting guidelines.

As a warm up before playing Riven, you may want to play Myst. If you do so, please use a daily build of ScummVM. Major changes were made to the game engine to remove situations where the game feels unresponsive. Some bugs may have escaped our attention. As with Riven, please report the issues you notice during your play-through.
Last edited by criezy on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Yey!
dafioram

Post by dafioram »

The game is completable. I was able to get all endings. This game ran quite well on the pi and it was also fun to play with a controller.

ScummVM: 0e2d14ac415faeec25226cef64b3443b0905eff9 (August 8th)
Device: Raspberry Pi 3
Game: Riven DVD English/Windows v1.2
Last edited by dafioram on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

FWIW, I'm still having a problem with Myst (original and ME) where the compass direction sound effects don't work in the Mechanical Age holo utility. Riven completed just fine, though. Also nice to see proper transitions and water effects! Well done.
domino

Post by domino »

dafioram wrote:The game is completable. I was able to get all endings. This game ran quite well on the pi and it was also fun to play with a controller.

ScummVM: 0e2d14ac415faeec25226cef64b3443b0905eff9 (August 8th)
Device: Raspberry Pi 3
Game: Riven DVD English/Windows v1.2
I can second that. I've finished Riven DVD English/Windows on Win7 x64. I've got all endings and didn't encounter any single bug. Can't tell exactly which build it was, but I think it was like 10 days ago.