How to edit fluidsynth reverb gain, etc.?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

lukeman3000
Got a warning

How to edit fluidsynth reverb gain, etc.?

Post by lukeman3000 »

How can I edit the level of reverb in fluidsynth? For example, I'm aware of the following parameters of fluidsynth:

fluid.driver=default
fluid.soundfont=
fluid.samplerate=48000
fluid.gain=.57
fluid.polyphony=256
fluid.cores=default
fluid.periods=8
fluid.periodsize=512
fluid.reverb=yes
fluid.chorus=yes
fluid.reverb,roomsize=.61
fluid.reverb.damping=.23
fluid.reverb.width=.76
fluid.reverb.level=.3
fluid.chorus.number=3
fluid.chorus.level=1.2
fluid.chorus.speed=.3
fluid.chorus.depth=8.0
fluid.chorus.type=0

I got these from fluidsynth implementation in dosbox ece, wondering if there is a similar way to edit these properties in scummvm. I find the default reverb a bit too powerful.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

A quick look at the source code seems to indicate that we have a dialog in ScummVM for fluidsynth settings. And after checking we do indeed have one: in the MIDI options click on the FluidSynth Settings button.

Or alternatively you can set them in your scummvm.ini file (or in the ScummVM Preferences file on macOS) with slightly different names that what you list: use fluidsynth instead of fluid and use underscores instead of dots (so for example fluidsynth_reverb_damping instead of fluid.reverb.damping). See the use of ConfMan in the code for the names we use: https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/blob ... g.cpp#L267
lukeman3000
Got a warning

Post by lukeman3000 »

criezy wrote:A quick look at the source code seems to indicate that we have a dialog in ScummVM for fluidsynth settings. And after checking we do indeed have one: in the MIDI options click on the FluidSynth Settings button.

Or alternatively you can set them in your scummvm.ini file (or in the ScummVM Preferences file on macOS) with slightly different names that what you list: use fluidsynth instead of fluid and use underscores instead of dots (so for example fluidsynth_reverb_damping instead of fluid.reverb.damping). See the use of ConfMan in the code for the names we use: https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm/blob ... g.cpp#L267
Perfect, that last bit was what I was looking for. Needed to be able to specify in config since I'm using a frontend to run games. Thanks.