Recreating old Artworks

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Kermit

Recreating old Artworks

Post by Kermit »

Hi everyone.

I'm currently recreating a lot of artworks from different scummvm games. I primary using them for my custom game boxes.

A great source for me are Laserschwerts Posters. But sadly he mostly did LucasArts games and only the front poster artworks. But i also need artworks from the back side.

So i started to learn how to retouch scanned images from boxes and other sources by myself. Here is an image from Beneath a Steel Sky I did:

I think I'm able to get a good cleaned up image. But for doing this i need scanned images from the games in high resolution. I already scanned most of my boxes. But I don't have every box. Sometime i have another version I could not use.

So I'm asking the community to help me out. If you have the box I'm lokking for, and own a scanner and are willing to help me this is what i need:

- High resolution scans (preferred 1200 dpi)
- No image compression preferred (so best TIF or BMP)
- Flat scans. Sometimes old boxes have bent a litte and did not lay totally flat on the scanner. In this cases i put a heavy book inside to straighten it.

Scans I'm looking for:

- Curse of Monkey Island Manual (front and back for the map)
- Grim Fandango Front
- Grim Fandango Back (different language versions would be great to remove text overlays)
- Woodruff Front
- Zak McKraken Back of Box

If you have any of these, please send me a PM.

Also if you have an gamebox-artwork you should think it is really great, but needs some retouching show it to me. I can't promise anything but i will have a look at it.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Sweet :-)

Do you still need the Grim Fandango scans?

I thought i sent the english version
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Yes your scans are great and i already used them. But to get a complete clean image without text i need different versions. So i can take parts from different positions without overlays.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

All right :-)