DOS Elvira and Waxworks version with Amiga-sounds?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

fetito666

DOS Elvira and Waxworks version with Amiga-sounds?

Post by fetito666 »

Is there a way to make the DOS versions of Elvira and Waxworks use the superior sounds of the Amiga version?
m_kiewitz
ScummVM Developer

Post by m_kiewitz »

I'm assuming that you are talking about the music. I have never fully played Waxworks, so I'm not sure if there are sound effects as well.

Have you tried to switch to the MT32 soundtrack in the last few years? The code was changed for it, so it may have sounded not as good as it does now (we have Miles Audio support since around 2015).

I don't know your opinion about it, but I personally think the MT32 soundtrack is superior to the Amiga one.

In theory it should be possible to use the amiga soundtrack with the PC version, but that would require quite a bit of work.
fetito666

Post by fetito666 »

Ah, I was able to load the Amiga version (extracted files instead of ADF-images) and it's way superior to the MT32-version.

ScummVM rules!
Rikcahrd

Post by Rikcahrd »

PC version with CM32L and the extra sound effects sounds great, especially the garden and upper floors. Vastly better than adlib version.
I never heard the Amiga music until last week. It is completely different soundtrack but imo let down by a very low sample rate. I would love to hear the music used in the Amiga version on a MT32 or higher sample rate.