ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > General Discussion > Blade Runner WIP Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Blade Runner WIP
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
Praetorian

For my side-project, I've pretty much finished with the subtitles transcripts.

Someone could try compiling ScummVM from my Pull Request (and get the SUBTITLES.MIX from there), if they'd like to see how that works in-game and provide feedback to improve the transcript or the subtitles mechanism, but I admit that is a cumbersome process right now for anyone who doesn't want to bother with how that's done.

I also compiled ScummVM for Android (7.1) with support for Blade Runner and subtitles, and that worked surprisingly well -- but there are a few bugs with KIA clues selection and there's a random crash that happens after you've played for a few minutes. I haven't debugged it yet, though so I don't know what causes it.

I am now also shifting my focus to enabling translations of the in-game texts (menus, dialogue options, help etc). That shouldn't be hard, because I've already got greek subtitles to work, but it requires some additional code and a certain issue with some letter symbols needs to be resolved.

Post Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:25 am 
sawyer700

WOW. Man I truly am greatful you sprung up. I would check from time to time to see if any progress has been made. . I wish that was me playing on the go. Maybe soon I hope Wink

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:08 am 
Reply to topic