FLAC support for PPC and Ubuntu

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

OU812

FLAC support for PPC and Ubuntu

Post by OU812 »

I tried the 1.8.1 buils for OSX PPC and Ubuntu 16.04 x86 64bit and neither were compiled with FLAC support included. Is this just an oversight or was it removed for a reason?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Thank you for asking this question. In the case of OSX PPC, this should have been enabled but for some reasons isn't. Hopefully I can fix it for the next release.

In a bit more details: I compiled the FLAC library for OSX PPC and made it available in the toolchain. However, and I did not notice this before your post here, when compiling scummvm the FLAC library is not found (and as a result FLAC support in ScummVM is disabled). I will have to dig to find out why it is not found and hopefully that is just due to a stupid mistake that will be easy to fix.

Edit: This is fixed now. The OSX PPC toolchain uses a relatively old gcc compiler that errors out on a coma at end of enumerator list in a FLAC header file. Because of this error, it detected it could not use FLAC and disabled it.
OU812

Post by OU812 »

Thank you so much. Will the 1.8.1 release binary be updated?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

The OSX PPC 1.8.1 release has now been updated. If you download it again you will get the new one with FLAC support.
OU812

Post by OU812 »

It works great. Thank you very much.