Question about documentation.

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

starryn8t

Question about documentation.

Post by starryn8t »

I just started using the program and I think it is really nifty. I do have it working to play 7th Guest.

I like to lookup information about the various settings there are to choose from. I am having a hard time finding documentation that explains some options better. Such as the different rendering options. Some are listed on the manual/wiki but there are others that are in the software but not listed at all. Also just about all of the pages do not show what I am guessing to be thumbnail images of examples of what different options do.

I have read the readme txt and I do appreciate how informative it is.

The newbie guide is a broken link that directs to a 404 error page. Is there plans to update the manual/newbie guide, or are people mainly focused on developing the software?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Yes, sadly the user manual on the wiki has not been updated for a while and is a bit out of date. We would love to see it updated, but that means finding somebody (or ideally several somebody) with the knowledge and motivation to do it. [ If there are such people reading this, please contact the team :) ]

Regarding missing thumbnails, I was notified yesterday evening of an issue on the wiki (I suspect the issue had been there for about a week) and I fixed it. I browsed quickly the User Manual just now and don't see any missing images. Can you check if you still have the issue?

Also can you indicate on what page(s) is the broken link to the newbie guide, or what that link is? I am not sure what you are referring to.