ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Android Port > Devices with no Menu button
Devices with no Menu button
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
mac_es

Devices with no Menu button 

Hello,

In devices with no Menu button how can we toggle the keyboard?

I have only back button, which if I keep pressed I got the Scummvm Menu (it's tricky as If I release the back button the menu disappears) At least I can save in games as the keyboard pop ups when entering the savegame name. Laughing

Long time ago, in WinCE port if you double tap in the upper right corner of the screen the keyboard was displayed. May I suggest something like that?

I was thinking playing Indiana Jones and the last crusade but with no fight option it's quite difficult whithout reading the walkthorugh to avoid fighting...

Ah! My device is an Samsung S6 Edge with Android 6.0.1

Thank you

Post Fri May 06, 2016 1:10 pm 
Dabeat

you hold down the menu button, if you don't have the hardware menu key, there should be a virtual/software/on screen menu key, for example on my tablet it's three dot's in the lower right corner, you hold it down like you would the hardware menu button and the kyeboard pops up

Post Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:41 am 
goetz

Recently a simple solution to your problem with the missing menu button appeared: the SDL build. It only uses the back key and has a transparent button for the keyboard in the top left of the screen.

You can find it in the Download section of the ScummVM website: http://www.scummvm.org/downloads/

Post Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:56 am 
mac_es

Hello,

I use my own compiled version as I have disabled some screens/ some logic on some games as I don't use to have the user manuals with my mobile Embarassed

So I will go for compiling the SDL framework for android... are there any instructions?

Cheers

Post Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:07 am 
Flexman

quote:
Originally posted by goetz
Recently a simple solution to your problem with the missing menu button appeared: the SDL build. It only uses the back key and has a transparent button for the keyboard in the top left of the screen.

This seems to be the version that is currently in the Google Play Store.

It works better, but a transparent Menu button wouldn't hurt, since you have to press 4 Buttons to get into the Menu (like Keyboard-Button, Shift, 123, and then F5).
Post Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:15 pm 
Flexman

Oh I noticed, with the device configuration of ScummVM I can enable Button 3 for example which is F5. That will do it![/i]

Post Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:25 am 
Reply to topic