ScummVM 1.8.0 Aspect Ratio Question

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PSP (PlayStation Portable) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DragonBoy

ScummVM 1.8.0 Aspect Ratio Question

Post by DragonBoy »

Hello everyone! :)
I've been a long time ScummVM user on the PC, but this is the first time I'm writing to the forum! Big thanks to the team for this wonderful application! :)

I have a question about the PSP version of ScummVM. I'm trying to play Fate of Atlantis (the talkie version).

Everything works and play fine but the screen resolution doesn't seem to be correct. All I want, is to display the game at its original resolution or stretched but keep its original resolution shape at 4:3 (I'm not very good at technical things so please forgive me for the bad explanation). However when I check the correct aspect ratio button, it simply takes slightly less then the whole screen of the PSP but it still isn't the correct game resolution (it is still stretched). Is there an option or anything I can do in order to display the game as it was originally made?

Thank you very much :D
DragonBoy

Post by DragonBoy »

Anyone regarding this issue...? :)
DragonBoy

Post by DragonBoy »

I'm still interested if someone has something to say... :)
dam-soft

Post by dam-soft »

I similarly noticed that from many versions of ScummVM for PSP the correct 4x3 aspect ratio is not maintained.
That's why I did the simplest thing: I recompiled my own version of PSP ScummVM, where I corrected the proper aspect ratio in the code.
DragonBoy

Post by DragonBoy »

Can you please share that version?
Last edited by DragonBoy on Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dam-soft

Post by dam-soft »

Please PM if someone needs 4x3 aspect ratio version of PSP ScummVM