Kyrandia Book One - Secrets and Versions

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

NickS

Kyrandia Book One - Secrets and Versions

Post by NickS »

Hello everybody!=)

First of all, great thanks for ScummVM! :P The best way for me to play oldschool games...

I've looked through lots of forums, and have found some interesting information about different Kyrandia Book One versions. May be you have some of them...

1. Kyrandia version with adult comments and swearing dialogues. (confirmed).
I've found lots of comments (including interview of M.Legg), that this one 100% exists.

2. Kyrandia version, where Brandon might be killed by Malcom with a knife, instead of killing by freezing. (Caves entrace location). (not confirmed)
I've found 4 comments on different fan-forums, that some players saw certainly that animation. But couldn't find that version in web.
May be its some very old floppy version?

3. Kyrandia floppy-version (confirmed), where the saw was hanging on the golden hook below the table (first location) and you could find and put into the inventory the pipe, small mirror, silver unicorn statue...
All that items were deleted in next versions and the saw place in 1st location was changed.

Does anyone have any information about these distros?
Thank you!
Last edited by NickS on Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Kyrandia Book One - Secrets and Versions

Post by LordHoto »

NickS wrote:Does anyone have links to these distros or any information about it?
Please be aware that linking game data files is illegal. See our Copyright FAQ.
NickS

Re: Kyrandia Book One - Secrets and Versions

Post by NickS »

LordHoto wrote:
NickS wrote:Does anyone have links to these distros or any information about it?
Please be aware that linking game data files is illegal. See our Copyright FAQ.
No problems! :P
Therefore I change my question:

Does anyone have information about the versions of game, that was described by me=)

The most interesting is the question about the Brandon killing by knife instead of freezing=)