ScummVM logo Forum Index - ScummVM website - Contact us - Buy Supported Games: GOG.com Rules - Search - Register - Login curved edge
Folder Forum Index > Other Ports > UWP (Universal Windows Platform) Port Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
UWP (Universal Windows Platform) Port
  Author    Thread Reply to topic
Lybra

UWP (Universal Windows Platform) Port 

Hello everyone.

I am glad to report, that the first version of the UWP port has been released in the Microsoft Store. Please keep in mind that this is an early version and only compatible with Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile (Windows 8/8.1, Windows RT and Windows Phone 8/8.1 are not supported!)

For now the project is being developed as a fork. For detailed information about it's status or if you'd like to contribute, check out the wiki.

Please let me know if you encounter any bugs or difficulties.

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:46 pm 
n0n4m3

Thanks 

Nice! Thanks Smile

I have a Lumia 830 but I have access to other devices so let me know if you want me to test any particular feature.

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:26 pm 
md5
ScummVM Developer

Nice! Would you like to join the ScummVM team and develop this port in-tree?

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:46 pm 
Lybra

quote:
Originally posted by n0n4m3
Nice! Thanks Smile

I have a Lumia 830 but I have access to other devices so let me know if you want me to test any particular feature.

You're welcome. One thing I am not able to test right now is SD Card functionality. And I am not really familiar with Sierra games, so it would be interesting to check them out.

quote:
Originally posted by md5
Nice! Would you like to join the ScummVM team and develop this port in-tree?

Thank you. I'd gladly contribute, but I also assume that the current status might still be a bit too messy. So to get back to your question: if it's ok, that I only have a lmitited amount of time - yeah, sure.
Post Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:41 pm 
AlexR

Works really good. Tested it with Simon the Sorcerer 1&2. But there is no game menu to save and exit the game. Is the menu not working yet or is there a special button to aktivate it?

Post Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:07 pm 
Luilly

Hello.

If you are running scummvm with keyboard press F5.
Iy you are running scummvm in a tactile screen without keyboard use zoom in and zoom out.

Regards.

Post Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:15 pm 
AlexR

Thank you. This makes it nearly perfekt. Thank you Lybra for all the work. Wonderful

Post Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:52 pm 
rootfather

Thanks Lybra for this port! Would be great if you can make this an officially maintained port for future releases.

I did a short test with "Beneath a Steel Sky" - seems to work great. Only thing I noticed is that you have to exit the application and re-open it again if you switch from fullscreen to windowed mode and vice-versa.

I also noticed that the aspect-ratio correction isn't working in full screen mode, but according to commit 0d4045a, that seems to be correct behaviour. Any way to get aspect-ratio correction in fullscreen mode at the moment?

I'm running Windows 10 1511 Build 10586.36, 64 Bit running on a standard Laptop. I tested the version that's currently available via the Windows Store, but I'm installing Visual Studio right now to test the very latest git revision.

Best regards
rootfather

Post Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:14 am 
Lybra

quote:
Originally posted by AlexR
Thank you. This makes it nearly perfekt. Thank you Lybra for all the work. Wonderful

You're welcome.

quote:
Originally posted by rootfather
Any way to get aspect-ratio correction in fullscreen mode at the moment?

Fullscreen and aspect-ratio correction are pretty much not working at the moment, I will have to look into it. What I would recommend for the time being, is to switch into "tablet mode" if it's supported on your system.
Post Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:17 pm 
rootfather

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to compile the project by myself, but I ran into an error: I get an error message about a missing file in winuwp.cpp.

The compiler is looking for "backends\events\winuwpsdl\winuwpsdl-events.h", but there's no winuwpsdl folder in my backends\events folder neither than in your repository. Maybe you forgot to upload something? Wink

Best regards
rootfather

Post Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:37 pm 
Lybra

Should be working now.

The problem with fullscreen mode is getting more complicated. SDL is internally exiting fullscreen mode when the window gets minimized or is losing focus. While the SDL port is correctly using the native APIs to switch between fullscreen mode, it does break minimizing or alt-tabbing. It also quits the fullscreen mode without correctly returning when regaining focus. I will have to report this bug first.

Post Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:56 am 
PegaX

Just tried the port with Lumia 950 and SD Card. Seems to work perfect. Also the aspect-ratio looks good and saving / loading games works fine. Tried MK1-3 and DoTT.

Greetings
PegaX

Post Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:44 pm 
elgarf

Tried to play Space Quest 5 on NL735, it was not very comfortable =(

1) Need right mouse click.
2) Scale up & scale down doesn't work for me.

Maybe there can be several touch modes:
1) Absolute (as it is now).
2) Relative (touchscreen becames a sort of touchpad) like in TouchMousePointer utility.

Post Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:50 pm 
Lybra

quote:
Originally posted by PegaX
Just tried the port with Lumia 950 and SD Card. Seems to work perfect. Also the aspect-ratio looks good and saving / loading games works fine. Tried MK1-3 and DoTT.

Glad to hear, thanks for the information!

quote:
Originally posted by elgarf
Tried to play Space Quest 5 on NL735, it was not very comfortable =(

1) Need right mouse click.
2) Scale up & scale down doesn't work for me.

Maybe there can be several touch modes:
1) Absolute (as it is now).
2) Relative (touchscreen becames a sort of touchpad) like in TouchMousePointer utility.

You can right click via tap hold or the back button of your device. The events for scaling/zooming are velocity based, maybe this is causing issues with lower resolution devices, I will look into this.

Different touch modes may be something to add in the future, but I wouldn't expect it any time soon.
Post Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:51 am 
elgarf

quote:
Originally posted by Lybra

You can right click via tap hold or the back button of your device. The events for scaling/zooming are velocity based, maybe this is causing issues with lower resolution devices, I will look into this.

I've tried tap & hold, but when I tap, it's always triggers left click, and only then -- right. So, I switch between walk and look modes, and stuck into the look mode, because game always display message, when Roger look somewhere.

Same with scaling events: whenever I touch screen, it triggers left mouse click.
Post Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:14 am 
Reply to topic